Just by the Prince's Gate stands the famous monument The Brave Soldier - the statue by H. W. Bissen of the Danish soldier after a victory. It was erected in 1858 to commemorate the victory of Fredericia on 6th of July 1849.
The monument was funded through donations from the Danish public. For the first time it was not the generals, but the anonymous private soldier who was to he honoured.
Near the statue is an old yellow house. It was built in 1735 and served as the guardhouse right until 1934.