Hansted Church

Village church in Hanstholm.

Before the building of the harbour, Hansted was the "chapel-of-ease" to Ræhr, and in 1862 the small church was rebuilt, of the old material. The church has several carved stones in it's wall - visitors should especially notice a wonderful piece of ashlar masonry depicting a merchant vessel. The medieval ship provided the model for the modern Hanstholm coat of arms.

The church is open every day from 8am - 4pm. Worship and religious ceremonies are to be respected, please.