Klitmøller Church

Klitmøller Church was built in 1872 and was then a district church in Vester Vandet parish.

Originally it was built of red brick and had ridges and slate roofs.

The church got its current appearance with brown bricks during a major restoration in 1966-67.

The picture in the altarpiece is painted by Queen Louise, Christian IX's wife. Built in period-typical neo-Gothic.

The church bell hangs in a timbered bell tower southwest of the church.

 

The cemetery dramatically reflects the living conditions by the sea

  • Grave site for the bark Sleipner's herd. The boat ran aground on November 19, 1880.
  • Burial ground for Allied airmen, Sergeant Richard Samuel Pitts, who was buried November 19, 1939.

 

PHOTOS: Niels Clemmensen