The ruins behind Norsminde Kro (Inn) is the remnants of a church presumably established in the 13th century.
The church was allowed to decay in the 1700´s but the church yard was in use up until the 1850s. Today there is no visible trace of the cemetery.
The church ruin was saved from total destruction in 1875 by the owners of the inn of the time. In order to prevent further theft of rocks it was decided to convert the ruin into a memorial of the war between Denmark and Prussia and Austria in 1864. A bust of King Frederik 7 was placed at the top of the ruin.
The ruins have been declared preserved since 1981.