The church was consecrated to the maritime saint, St. Nicolai. It is the west Lolland biggest church. Its existing shape is from 1653. Anders Mortensen carved the magnificent altarpiece.
The baptismal font is made of white quarry, and the pulpit dates from 1630 by Jørgen Ringnis. The organs eldest part is from 1648. Its exceptional money kist with 5 keys originates from 1573.
There is a canon bullet in the chancels arch, which fell into the church through the curved arches under the Swedish siege in 1659, which happened during the church service, but miraculously, none was hurt.