Sebber Nunnery Church is the most peculiar of the village churches in the area, because the building was a nunnery for Benedictine nuns for 400 years, and after another 400 years, local squires used it as their church.
The nave today is the original nunnery, and where the the dining hall, the chapter house and the dormitories used to be. At the time, the room was in two stories and the large wooden beams carrying the separation between the two floors can still be seen today. The areas that are left free in the upper part of the southern wall, are remains of the residents' built-in closets.
In 1955, Sebber Church was acquired by Sebber parish.