Nationalmuseets Kommandørgård - Rømø
The building dates from 1748 and bears witness to the prosperity wich the commanders (1700-1800) brought to Rømø. It is completely restored, including panels, ceilings and doors. The walls are covered with Dutch tiles and the furniture is, due to its time, extremely distinguished. Commander is the Dutch word for captain and abaut 50 sailors from Rømø served simultaneously as captains on Dutch and German ships, which sailed on whale expeditions to Greenland.