The Old Town Hall in Skive

Skive’s old city hall was build from 1845 – 46 partly as prison for Skive and the surrounding parishes. It was the first two floored building in Skive - a sign that Skive was finally recovering after 200 years of stagnation. The city hall is a nice symmetrical classicistic building. Until 1903 the ground floor was used as a prison, allowing prisoners to speak to people on the town square.