Fully thatched windmill of Dutch type, built in 1835 and situated on a high hilltop with Havnbjerg Church, built in 1180, as a neighbour.
In 1612 a wind mill - a so-called post mill - was erected on the highest hill in Havnbjerg. This mill was still operating in 1776 when a hurricane struck the island and damaged wings and shaft severely. The post mill was rebuild but in 1835 it was replaced by a smock mill.
The costs are coveret by the Mads Clausen Foundation.
For opening hours see Havnbjerg Mill Museum