Herslev Beach tent site
The shelter at Herslev Strand by Roskilde Fjord. The site can be used by hikers, cyclists and boaters.
The shelter and tent site is located right by Herslev Harbour and Herslev Beach. There is a car park next to the site. One shelter with space for 4-5 people. There is a fireplace and a water point that is open approx. 1 Apr - 31 Oct. Firewood is provided free of charge once a week. There is space for tents next to the shelter. There is a toilet at the harbour which is open all year round. It is possible to go ashore by canoe or kayak and swim from the jetty at Herslev Strand. The beach has a blue bathing flag.
The site can be used by small groups of less than 10 people on a first-come, first-served basis.
Contact Naturogvandloeb@lejre.dk if you have questions about booking for larger groups.
WALKING & CYCLING ROUTES NEARBY:
- Fjordstien Regional Route 40 for cyclists and hikers: Passes right by.
- Skjoldungestierne, hiking trails: A so-called "round trip" of the trail passes Herslev Strand.
- Panoramaruten, cycle route 430: Passes right by.
- Munkevejen, cycle route 88: Passes right by.
- Canoe & kayak: Landing at the beach / harbour
- Sailing boat: Herslev Strand Sailing Club in the harbour has guest moorings and is part of Frihavnsordningen.
- Swimming: Blue flag beach with jetty
- Fishing: There is good fishing throughout Herslev Bay, including sea and fjord trout.