Denmark opens to vaccinated travelers from UK and US
4 June 2021, it was announced that Denmark will open to fully vaccinated travelers from the US and UK already from 5 June.
Fully vaccinated meaning that they’ve had an EMA approved vaccine and that it has been at least 14 days since the final dose. There are no longer any restrictions in terms of ‘worthy purpose’, testing and isolation for these travelers.
Unvaccinated children traveling with vaccinated grown ups are also allowed entry, but will have to test. The same is the case for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Here is an overview of some of the most interesting new openings that British and American travelers can now experience.
Photo:Hans Christian Andersen Museum
- H.C. Andersen’s House, the grand, immersive museum dedicated to Hand Christian Andersen’s fairy tales will open 30 June in his home town of Odense.
- The new, spiraling BIG designed Marsh Tower will open in the UNESCO Wadden Sea National Park in June.
- 12-22 August, Copenhagen will host WorldPride and EuroGames with events following to the regulations at that time.
- 10 May, sustainable boat rental GoBoat launched their open-air dock, where they will host movie nights, concerts and other events throughout summer.
Photo:Daniel Rasmussen, Copenhagen Media Center
New hotel openings:
- May 6, the new design hostel BOOK1 opened in the former library in the center of Denmark’s second city, Aarhus.
- In September, the Green Solutions House on the island of Bornholm will open their climate-positive wing designed by 3XN.
- In September, the new luxury hotel NH Collection Copenhagen will open on the harborfront in neighborhood Christianshavn.
- In October, a BIG-designed hotel named A Place To will open on the Danish West Coast.
- Last summer, the sustainable luxury hotel Villa Copenhagen opened in iconic former Post and Telegraph Head Office in Copenhagen.
- Over the summer, Tivoli Gardens will host Michelin-star pop ups from Danish AOC and Faroese KOKS.
- In May, young chef Emilie Qvist Kjærgaard will open her restaurant Medvind in the small fishing village Hanstholm in North Jutland.
- 6 May, new food market Toldboden Seasiden with seven notable restaurants.
- 5 May, British chef Alan Bates opened his new restaurant Connection after having worked at Studio.
- Over the 2021 spring, a wave of new sourdough bakeries have opened in Copenhagen.
- In October, Noma opened their permanent burger bar POPL following the summertime pop up.
The authorities official COVID website is coronasmitte.dk/en. The authorities' new website for tourists traveling to Denmark is also available here where you can also find the statement on entry for vaccinated travelers from EU and OECD countries, including the UK and the US.
Please also not that you must bring proof of vaccination with you when traveling.
All the most recent photo material from Denmark here.
Please make sure to check with your local authorities regarding guidelines for testing and isolation when you return from traveling.