©  Photo:

Sdr. Vissing Church

In the Middle Ages the church, which consists of a Romanesque choir and nave, Gothic tower and porch from the Renaissance, was consecrated to St. Nicholas.
Of original details we can mention the south entrance, which has been extended, the north entrance with half columns and a single window on the north side.
Furthermore we can point out two preserved rune stones dated back to the late Viking Age. One of the rune stones was raised by the wife of King Harald Blåtand ( Harald Blue tooth) in memory of her mother.
Very fine murals from the late 15th century can be seen in the church, among others St. George and the Dragon.
1910 glass mosaics were inserted in the choir windows.

For more information Sdr. Vissing Church