©  Photo:

The Town Hall in Nyborg

15 The Town Hall

The town hall was erected on the eastern side of the square in 1586. There is, however, very little left of this structure – just some brickwork at the rear of the present town hall – since it too burned down in 1797. It was rebuilt in 1803, but renovated in 1862 by the architect Vilhelm Tvede, who added a storey.

Other changes were made in 1899 (by August Colding) and in 1931-36. The latest extension is from the 1970s.